The ongoing issues black women have with our hair has made me decide to do a show about the topic. I want to ask you all a few questions so you can tell me what you think about the complex issue of "Black Women and Their Hair."
1. Why do you think black women are so caught up on our hair?
2. Why are we willing to spend $9 billion on hair products when the majority of beauty supply stores catering to African Americans are not even owned by African Americans?
3. Does relaxing one's hair or wearing a weave makes a person less "black"?
4. Does wearing one's hair natural makes a person more afrocentric?
5. Do you think relaxing your hair make you more acceptable in corporate America?
6. Would you like to wear your hair natural, but you don't know how to get started?
7. What is "Good Hair" vs. "Bad Hair"?